Les Arenes, Cornas, M. Chapoutier, 2019

French Rhône Red

£37.00

RRP - £45.00 - you save £8.00

Intense red colour with purple lights. Very ripe fruits, raspberry, and blackcurrant jams on the nose. Blackberries, spices, morello cherry with dense and tight tannins with a great persistency in mouth.

“Les Arènes” is a combination of several parcels growing on slopes in different early and late ripening areas, a beautiful example of the Cornas appellation.
The fermentation lasts 10 days in concrete tanks, followed by maceration lasting around 3 weeks. After vinification, the ageing process starts and lasts 14-16 months. 80% of the wine goes into oak barrels and, the remaining 20% are aged in concrete tanks, which preserves the fruit and minerality expressed on these granitic soils.

Ideal with fish in tapenade sauce, all meats in sauces, marinates meats and large game with cranberry jelly.

  • Contains Sulphites
    • Sign Up for Special Offers and New Arrivals